My Hands

My Hands
These hands are not soft, but are put to work to be strong and dependable.. they will catch you when you fall and support you when you're down.. these are MY HANDS! And they are ready for you :) please let them help you...

Sunday, February 17, 2013

What is a Warrior? | Warrior Poet

Last April 2012 I decided I wanted to get a Polynesian tribal tattoo that signified a change in my life that I knew was taking place, but to what extent I wasn't aware just yet. I had asked a friend to design it, pick the symbols based off of my description of the energy I wanted it to convey. He drew it right on my back, free hand. 





He typed up the meanings of each of the symbols, which are listed below.
10 months later, Feb 2013, my life had changed so drastically that it is now confirmed to me as to why I felt compelled to get the tattoo with those symbolic meanings.  This Confirmation is not coincidental. While at a Beachbody All-Star retreat that I won, I received two messages within 6 hours of each other and from two different people, one on each side of the country, one from an old coworker that I haven't seen for four years from Baltimore, called me a Warrior Princess and gal in Seattle, who I had just met a month ago on the Stair Master at the gym called me the Warrior Queen and sent me a video, called "What is a Warrior?"  And after listening to this video, I can truly say, this has touched me more than anything as it portrays my thoughts, feelings, and expressions to the core of my being and confirms the symbols that are a living proof on my back...
 Please listen to the video and read these powerful words. 


Here is a partial text that stuck out to me the most:



*When the forest is dark the warrior holds his ground with faith that if he remembers the warrior code, the LIGHT to illuminate the darkness will come.
*For the warrior, the body is as important as the mind, because the two are INSEPARABLE.
*The warrior is a natural leader, and he leads under one principle– FOLLOW ME.
*The Warrior is a BELIEVER. Because he believes in miracles, miracles begin to happen. Because he is sure that his thoughts can change his life, his life begins to change. 
Because he is certain that he will find love, love appears.
*He DOES NOT despair. He knows that he is human, and he remembers the choice he made. He picks his sword back up from the ground, and resumes the path of the warrior.
*A warrior fights for one reason alone: LOVE. Love of life, love of what is good, love of family, love of tribe, and love of our infinite soul on the quest for impeccability.
*He lets love swell in his heart, flushing through every cell in his being until he cannot help but proclaim, Bring me GIANTS!

Here is the video and full text:


In the proceeding posts I will share moments of inspirations that have hit me that conveys the same energy, expressions, and thoughts as the above video and how it fits into Fitness and Health, which is an area that most people work towards achieving a better lifestyle but don't realize that they have to make that mental adjustment first as they overcome their struggles.

READY YOURSELF to be INSPIRED!

1 comment:

  1. Wow probably the best tattoo i've seen turned out really great

    ReplyDelete